|“||Haisai! If you want perfect dancing or singing, just leave it to me!||”|
|— Hibiki Ganaha, Online Character Profile|
Hibiki is an energetic idol that comes from Okinawa (which explains her tan skin). Because she is from Okinawa, she sometimes can't control her dialect, and often uses words that confuse people, for example, "Nankurunaisa" (we can work it all out) and "Haisai" (hi there).
She takes rivalry seriously, but she has a very friendly nature, and sometimes she unconsciously tries to make friends with others. Hibiki is also known to be extremely talented in dancing. She is revealed to have come alone from Okinawa to become an idol. She feels lonely and sees in the Producer her absent older brother, so she does the "we are siblings that argue a lot but deep inside we love each other" routine with him. Her family near the 765 Production's office is made up of her many pets, including her dog Inumi and hamster Hamuzo.
Hibiki loves animals and owns a wide variety of pets:
|Hamster||ハム蔵||"Hamuzo"||Hamuzo is a male hamster that has appeared in many episodes of THE iDOLM@STER anime adaptation, often sitting on Hibiki's head or running around the office. He is voiced by Eriko Nakamura.|
|Dog||いぬ美||"Inumi"||Hibiki's Saint Bernard who played an important role in Episode 16 of THE iDOLM@STER anime adaptation. She is large, and scares the Producer a bit as in THE iDOLM@STER 2.|
|Chicken||コケ麿||"Kokemaro"||It is apparently kept at parents' home in Okinawa.|
|Frill Necked Lizard||"Tokaro"||A new addition to Hibiki's family in THE iDOLM@STER 2. Found at a pet store, he is bought because he "looked lonely" to Hibiki.|
- In THE iDOLM@STER SP, Hibiki has a habit of singing with her eyes closed during live performances. However, this quirk was not carried into later games.
- Hibiki dislikes wearing cute and girly outfits.
- Between THE iDOLM@STER SP and THE iDOLM@STER 2, Hibiki's three sizes shrank. Since she is the only character that this has happened to, some fans theorize that Kuroi was lying about her measurements.
- Hibiki loses her pets almost all the time, thus asking for help from Takane and Miki to look for them. Other idols help her as well in THE iDOLM@STER anime adaptation.
- In THE iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA: Funky Note, we learn that Hibiki is actually pretty smart (to Producer's surprise) when she helps the Futami Twins with their homework.
- Hibiki is a crybaby, usually being the only or one of first to cry in dramatic and even comedic scenes such as in the movie, or when she loses her pets in the anime and dramas.
- In very early screenshots of THE iDOLM@STER SP, Hibiki had thick eyebrows.
- Hibiki often uses the Okinawan greeting "Haisai" (which is generally used by males), rather than "Haitai".